What’s Next After Keep, Toss, or Donate
You went through every room, closet, and crawl space and decided what to keep, toss, or donate. You had your garage sale. You’ve pared it down to the things you absolutely cannot part with and yet there’s still just so much. Now you have to decide whether you want to move it or store it.
When to Store
There are those who are against the idea of storage, however there are many instances in which storage makes sense as an economical solution:
- Nomadic Living / Frequent Traveling: Many people are choosing to try a nomadic lifestyle or simply travel frequently enough for work that they really only need a small living space when they’re home instead of a larger apartment to accommodate their belongings.
- Divorce / Retirement / Downsizing: Moving from a larger to smaller space may be a result of some life changes that may or may not be temporary. While you’re figuring those things out, store it.
- Business Storage: It is common for companies to resort to storage as they change over time but desire to keep their equipment and furniture quickly available.
- Decluttering / Staging: According to the National Association of Realtors, staging can help you sell your home more quickly and at a better price. Store the non-essentials while you’re preparing to move and selling your house.
DIY Crate and Store
Many people opt for the traditional self-storage unit. There is, however, another option that’s even more cost effective: crate and store it yourself. It’s simple:
- You get a weatherized, lockable crate delivered to your doorstep (or driveway or parking lot).
- You have up to 3 days to load it with what you want to store.
- We pick it up and put it in our secure, climate-controlled warehouse.
What you’ll need:
- Packing supplies
- A lock
Unlike a self-storage unit, we deliver a crate right to you to load up. Most people take around 2 days to load the crate with their boxes. To keep it easy and your things safe, the crates have doors that you can secure with your own padlock. No one else has the key or combination except for you. Each crate holds around one room’s worth of belongings. When you’re done, we pick up the crate and put it in our secure, climate-controlled warehouse for as long as needed—usually a month for our residential customers. With a delivery charge starting at $169 for 5 crates and storage of $44/month, the solution is unbeatable. Realtors we partner with in Colorado, New Mexico, Louisiana, Wyoming, California, and Kansas love working with us to help their clients declutter and stage their homes.
Give us a call at 800-330-9847 to get a crate and store estimate to meet your storage needs. Find out more information about Decluttering and Storage solutions here.