Careers at Johnson Storage and Moving
If you’re looking for a position with a great company, look no further! Johnson Storage and Moving offers excellent career opportunities in many different areas of our organization and is seeking talented, imaginative and goal-oriented people to share and fuel our continued growth and success. People just like YOU!
Why work at Johnson:
- Financially stable, 116-year-old business headquartered in beautiful Colorado
- Entrepreneurial culture that rewards creativity and smart work
- One of the top five fastest growing companies in Denver, with many growth opportunities
- “Big company with a small company feel” that gives you access to owners and senior management
- Six-figure income potential for hardworking associates that apply themselves and embody our core values
Driver: CDL Class A
This individual drives a tractor-trailer combination to transport and deliver household goods in loose or packaged form, facilitating the relocation of residential household goods for customers locally.
- Active Class “A” CDL License
- Prior moving and storage or furniture delivery experience
- Experience as a crew leader, supervisor or logistics specialist
- DOT physical card
- Stamina to lift heavy items (75 lbs. or more) repeatedly while climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, walking, etc.
- Customer service experience
- Ability to process paperwork
- Strong problem solving skills
- High school diploma or equivalent is desired
- Customer service skills with the ability to manage ever-changing conditions and customer expectations, responding promptly to customer needs
- Behavior that is in accordance with policies and procedures, with adaptability to changing environments and scope of work modifications
- Dependable and timely delivery, management of road labor, and a strong commitment to long hours of work when necessary to achieve delivery goals
- High level of professionalism and customer service when working with clients, with the ability to keep emotions under control, speak clearly and persuasively in all situations, and represents the company with integrity and professional courtesy
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner safely and securely, manage safety and security procedures for self and crews, and use equipment and materials properly
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain clean driving record and abide by all laws concerning the operation of a commercial vehicle
- Remain responsible for paperwork and equipment lineup to ensure that all delivery equipment, supplies and handling equipment are loaded on the truck, reporting any missing or inconsistent items immediately
- Perform pre-trip inspection and report problems immediately to dispatch operations
- Execute activities as assigned by Dispatch and immediately report any routing or service changes encountered
- Initiate and maintain a professional report to the customer
- Perform thorough walk-throughs with customers before and after moves
- Review paperwork with customers and obtain appropriate signatures and/or payments as required
- Manage the packing of household goods and the padding and moving of furniture with safety and care
- Perform deliveries/removals according to customer specifications, including de-servicing, disassemble/reassemble, installation, residence protection and customer reporting
- Ensures all equipment returns to truck and/or facility upon completion of job
- Clean truck upon return to facility and properly remove any stored equipment
- Maintain contact throughout each day with dispatch/operations
- Lift, move and place heavy items by hand or with material handling equipment such as a hand truck or dolly
For immediate consideration, respond to this listing or email your resume to email@example.com.
Relocation Consultant Sales
We are currently seeking Sales Consultants in all of our markets. The successful candidate must be a self-motivated, highly productive individual with a proven track record. Our Relocation Consultants are expected to prospect and generate their own business while successfully servicing company lead sources. Company training includes salary plus expenses, leading to very lucrative commission program. A college background and/or moving and storage experience is preferred.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills with the ability to think on your feet
- Maintain a clean, positive and professional demeanor
- Possess excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Be flexible, patient and have the ability to work in a team environment
- Be capable of operating a variety of office equipment such as a copier, telephone, personal computer, typewriter and fax machine
- Act in a dependable, self-motivated, honest and respectful manner
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have strong conflict resolution skills with the ability to handle highly stressful situations
- Maintain a strong phone presence
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in creativity and perseverance
- Be able to perform data entry and typing functions
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moving Crew: Household Goods
Under the supervision of the Move Supervisor (driver/crew chief), this individual assists with moving, packing, wrapping, inventory and transport of household goods in a professional manner. He/she works collaboratively within an assigned team to deliver a positive and successful relocation and ensures a positive customer experience.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with other crew members, clients and moving consultants
- Must successfully pass a criminal background investigation and pre-employment drug screen
- Must be capable of lifting 50+ pounds
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist/help with the pick-up (loading), transportation and delivery (unloading and placement) of household goods/equipment in accordance with established standards and procedures
- Routinely lift, move and place heavy items by hand or with material handling equipment such as a hand truck or dolly
- Receive instructions from the crew leader and adhere to all company policies and safety rules
Represent Johnson in a professional manner
- Work with other team members to ensure satisfaction and contact compliance
- Pack, unpack and wrap/unwrap household goods items per customer specifications when required
- Perform all duties in adherence with company safety standards
- Perform work within the specifications of the estimate of man hours
- Wear a company uniform and maintain a clean and professional appearance while representing the company and delivering service to customers
- Remain responsible for the proper use of all company equipment, packing materials and company vehicles while in transit, at a customer site, returning to a Johnson facility or while visiting other facilities for delivery, pickup, etc.
- Display professional conduct, courtesy and manners when entering and performing work in the customer’s home.
- Remain respectful of property and professional spaces
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com.